Role of the Agency
Our agency is contracted with the provincial government to recruit and supervise family day homes. This involves approving new homes, supervising homes in operation and connecting children in need of care to appropriate homes. Agency staff ensure that agency, provincial and accreditation standards are being maintained and that current research and emerging best practices meet the health and safety needs of the children. Our agency also administers the contracts between parents and providers, collects the fees from parents and pays the providers. We provide regular training and support sessions for our providers as well as one on one in-home consulting during regular visits.
Our friendly and experienced staff are committed to helping both parents and providers with their childcare needs.
- Manages the administration and delivery of the Family Day Home Services
- Help with referrals and child registration
- Subsidy, time sheets and payments
- Backup care
- General inquiries
- Monitor all day homes on a regular basis and provide support, guidance, advice and resources for providers
- Ensure compliance with agency, provincial and accreditation standards
- Assist new providers in setting up and opening day homes
- Plan and/or prepare in-service training for providers
AFFILIATES AND MEMBERSHIPS
We work with Government of Alberta, Child & Family Services, and Alberta Association for the Accreditation of Early Learning and Care Services.
- Child and Family Services of Alberta
- Alberta Association for the Accreditation of Early Learning and Care Services (AELCS)
Leduc Strathcona Services for Children is a proud member of the following associations: